Today, peace of mind cost only $30. I took Pax to the doctor to get his ears checked, as well as his gums from his fall two weeks ago. It was a quick trip, and we ended up with peace of mind, which I was happy with! He now weighs 26.5 pounds, and they weighed him on the big boy scale instead of the infant one where you lay him down. The littlest mile markers show so much!
Anyway, as it turns out, his gums look fine, but his frenulum is ripped. This is the little piece that connects the top lip to your gums. (I had no clue what it was called!) The doctor said this is very common for it to rip, but it will never grow back. It won't cause any problems, so my question is....why did God create this if it has no purpose? :-)
Also, his ears look "clear", which is fabulous news, especially with all the swimming he's been doing! I was worried because he's been messing with them. Dr. Lynn said it could be from teething, which I had no clue there could be a connection there. But, she explained that the same nerves run between the molars and the ears. So, she examined his gums and said that he is cutting the other 3 molars along with the other one that has already come in. But, he's been pretty happy, so maybe we're through the worst of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment