Yeah--got you wondering, didn't I?
So, I'll start with the police story: Paxton LOVES to play with the telephone, and Brad and I were both sitting at the dining room table with him while he played with the phone and colored. (How we got here is a completely different story as well---Pax likes to sit at the table and color, but not by himself. No, no--he demands that I sit across from him. Since Brad is only working till 4 every day this week, we were both home. Pax then demanded Brad sit beside him. It's pretty cute how he says our name, and pats the space next to him. Too cute to say no! Okay, back to the police.) So, Pax was punching numbers on the phone and holding it to his ear using his shoulder and saying, "hola". We kept turning the phone off. Then, we got a phone call and Brad answered. It was a 911 operator!!!! Pax had called them!!! Brad explained that our 1 1/2 year old had called them. It turns out he had dialed 999! So, we learned a lesson: don't dial 999, and don't let a little one play with the phone!!! To make matters worse, though---an hour later, we had a knock at the door---a police officer! They have to follow up on every phone call. He was very understanding and kind, thank goodness!!!
After our eventful afternoon, we headed to gymnastics. This was our third night. Last week he did a TON better than the first! He did great again tonight! He really is learning a lot, even though Brad just thinks he's playing! He is learning opposites, building some upper body strength (hopefully, because he can't pull himself up on the bars), learning to follow directions, learning fine and gross motor skills, and most importantly, learning to take his turn! He waited much more patiently to climb the ladder tonight, and even got the other boy in the class, Jake, to crawl through the tunnels! That's my boy, helping others follow directions!!
1 comment:
I've heard of kids calling 911 before. I didn't know about 999! What happened to his pretend cell phone? let him play with that!
Love the gymnastics photos and great seeing you girls (and Pax) this morning!!
Post a Comment