Instead of snow days, down here in Georgia, we have "rain" days, I guess! No school today!
It rained all weekend, and really poured last night! The storms were so bad and lasted all night long! Plus, our power went out for 10 hours last night and I could hear the rain that much more. They cancelled school this morning because the roads are so terrible out here, and the water is out in our county. We were under a "boil water advisory", but now most places don't even have water. We don't have any at our house, so we've been hanging out at Mom and Dad's all day.
This afternoon, we got the announcement that schools are closed the next 2 days as well! It's pretty serious!
Mom and Dad have had lots of damage, as you can see from the pictures. The lake rose A LOT, the basement was flooded with 3-4 inches in the entire thing, Dad's closet is leaking, and the retaining wall by the pool fell down!! I can't believe it!!!
3 comments:
I'm so glad everyone is ok!...but im sorry you guys have to clean up that mess!
Amy your site is great. I need your help!!!! Thanks for posting my site. You are so sweet.
Wow! Yeah we had a lot of rain over here too!! Glad yall are okay!
Post a Comment