Thursday, September 17, 2009

101.2 and feeling perky

He's feeling well enough to climb on furniture...

and play with a "bo-bo"

while watching Elmo


At 2 am, Pax woke up and was very whiny and burning up (not so perky at this point). I asked him if he was hot, and he kept saying, "hot, hot". Poor baby!! His whole body seemed like it was on fire! We didn't have a thermometer that would give an accurate reading, so I don't know what his temp was at this point, but gave him some tylenol, and he was restless for the next couple hours. I decided I was going to try and go to work, but then when I woke him up, and gave him more medicine, he was soooo clingy and wanting me, that I didn't have the heart! My baby needed me! I had to go do my lesson plans and be there until the sub got there, but after that I went and got him from Tracey's. She was so good and let me bring him this morning, while I went to school. She said that the only kid she had was the one that got him sick.
At this point, he was very perky and seemed to be feeling better. I even contemplated cancelling our doctor's appointment. But, I'm glad I didn't, because even though he was acting fine and perky, his fever was 101.2. Poor guy! Dr. Lynn said that it was the flu. She didn't want to run the test because it's not always accurate, but she was sure it was because of the symptoms and his "weak eyes". She didn't prescribe any medicine other than treating the fever. It just has to run his course, and he should be good by Saturday---which is good because that is when we have our family picnic for my 10 year reunion! Oh yeah, he now weighs 29 pounds! No wonder he seems so heavy to pick up!

1 comment:

stephanie said...

so sad for pax. micah was actually really sweet when he had a fever at that age. i just got my flu shot today so maybe i'll come over to see if it works...just teasing. love you all and praying pax gets better. i was going to call you today to get together...but i guess it wouldn't have worked out anyways.
oh yeah and i didn't think about donda being spanish??? we don't watch dora but maybe he did hear it somewhere on tv?? good call