No pictures-to which many of you are probably thankful, but Pax has been pee-pee-ing in the potty since Thursday night when we got home from playing with the big boys. I don't mean that he's ONLY going in the potty; he still has a wet diaper and all; but we're working on it!
We have been putting him on the potty since before Thanksgiving, but he hadn't gone at all. We then bought a little potty seat, and I sat him on it when we got home Thursday. He even tried to put the seat on the toilet himself! As soon as he sat up there, he immediately went! I screamed because I was so excited! I think he thought I was upset and he'd done something wrong. I then started clapping and cheering, and he got really excited! He got a little bit on the toilet seat, so I gave him so toilet paper to wipe it up. Now, anytime he goes, he wants to wipe. Hahaha! He also has not been allowed to flush the toilet until he actually had something to flush. So, he instantly turned around to try and flush it. He was excited to finally get to do this! It's the little things for him, huh?!
When he was with Brad yesterday, he went 4 times in the potty! I really thought it was just a fluke, but he then continued to go today! At one point, he even told me, "pee-pee," and we ran to the potty, took off his diaper, and there he went! Yay!!! I'm so excited he's starting to understand this concept!!
4 comments:
Yeah Pax!! I'm sure Brad is getting excited about not having to buy diapers! Hope to see you guys soon.
I am so impressed. Charlotte has yet to try. We are ready to begin after the holidays. I really am terrified of the whole thing. Paxton should be proud of himself and you should too, Mommy! :)
ha. I second the comment about the diapers.I bet Brad IS Excited about that. On-top of the great job that Pax is doing! I can't believe it. It just seems so young. Can you please make him stop growing up? I've already asked you twice. ha.
That's exactly how Jayden was! He would sit on the potty with nothing to show for it forever! Then one day he just sat down and went and never looked back! I think you just have to give them the opportunity and then they will get it when they get it. Yea Pax!!!
Post a Comment