It is Paxton's New Year's Resolution to sleep in his own bed, and we started a little early. Whether he knows it or not, that's what we have decided for him. We need to take back our own bed, and it's long overdue. (Yes, we realize we never should have let him sleep in our bed, but until you wake up next to your sweet baby, it's hard to understand! :-) It's the sweetest thing in the world!)
Anyway, he has been petrified of his bed and pack-n-plays, that we couldn't let him "cry it out" as suggested. It wasn't until he spent the night with Mom and Dad did they understand the cry that Pax let out as soon as you got near the bed. I'm not kidding, he was petrified, like something happened to him in the bed! But, we have been playing in the crib, and in his room, and he has been doing better.
We decided that, in order for him to sleep, we would turn his bed into a toddler bed (as mentioned in the previous post). So, Brad worked on it yesterday, and we played in it. Last night after Aunt Sarah left, we thought we'd go ahead and try to put him to sleep in his big boy bed. To our surprise, he actually laid down and FELL ASLEEP!! Brad and I both stayed until he went to sleep, but at least he slept in there. I didn't know how long he'd last, but he made it ALL NIGHT LONG!! He woke up 3 times and I went in and he fell right back asleep once I gave him his paci. He didn't even try to climb out of bed! I thought he'd want to get in our bed, especially the last time at 5:15, and that he'd wake up early, but he didn't. We were so proud of him this morning, and I think he was proud of himself, too!
We'll see how tonight goes, but at least we've made progress, and he had a postive experience in his bed!!!
3 comments:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting is this!!!!! Way to go Pax!!! Love you guys!!!
Good for you! We must do this soon. You are exactly right about waking up beside your little one, it's the best!
Way to go, Pax! Such a big boy sleeping in your own bed. My sis-in-law is trying the same thing with my niece this week. I hope she has as much success. :)
Post a Comment