Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dinner and "Dights"

Me holding Pax and Douglass Charles


Mick and Sadie Jane

Charlotte and Alison

Anna and Brody

Steph-I told you I would put this one on here! Heehee!

Cute face, Micah!:-)

Suzie and Sadie Jane


Scared to death! He's a little monkey clinging to me!

Look at that face!

Look at THAT face, too!

He's a little more calm, but check out those eyes watching Santa Cow!

Cheese!

All the girls with Santa Cow--Sadie Jane is smiling, too!

The girls + Pax (see below for the explanation about him being wimpy)

Micah "hugging" Pax

Trying to get all three boys to look--Good job, Micah!

Pax saying his favorite phrase, "I know!" at the top of his lungs!

Micah at Nana and Pops' with all the pretty lights

Jayden in front of the choo-choo

Pax watching the reindeer ride the moving see saw


Micah with one of the ball he pulled off the tree

The two big boys dancing to the music from this tree, and Pax trying to be like them!

Jayden and Pax petting the "neigh"

He loved the rocking horse

Here's the best one of the three boys at the house


We met several friends at Chick-fil-A for dinner and to see Santa Cow: Steph and Mick, Anna and Jason, Alison and Doug, all their kids, Suzie, Mom, and Adam. We kind of took over CFA when we got there! It was fun to be around so many friends!


Pax had been getting better with Santa, but the whole Santa Cow thing threw him off! He was scared to death of him! As he got closer and closer, he kept saying, "No, Momma, No!" In fact, you can see in the GIRLS' picture that I'm holding Pax. Yes, he snuck in an all girls picture. He was watching us, and freaking out because I was close to Santa Cow. I guess he thought the cow was going to hurt me or something!

After dinner, we headed to Mick's parents' house to look at their "dights," as Pax calls them. They have a ton of lights and their yard is decorated to a "T!" Pax, Jayden, and Micah had so much fun running in and out of all the decorations. They even have a Christmas tree that plays music. The boys loved the tree, and after every song, Pax would clap and say, "Yay!" Pretty cute!


I'm about to brag on him, so feel free to skip to the next paragraph! I have to say that I'm really proud of Paxton. He is a year younger than Jayden and Micah, and just wants to be like the big boys. He would follow them around trying to do what they were doing. It was cute until the boys started hitting one of the reindeer. Paxton hit it one time and immediately looked at me. I told him no, and to come to me. Believe it or not, he did! I was so proud of him! He and I then went to look at the choo-choo while the big boys were disciplined. I am sure there will come a day when he doesn't listen like he did tonight, but I am just thankful that he does...for now anyway!

Nana and Pops weren't at home, but opened their home to us and set up an entire spread for us anyway, complete with hot chocolate, sippy cups, orange slices, raisins, and animal crackers! Pax carried around the box of raisins and ate the entire box by the time we left! It was so sweet of them to do all this for us! We had such a great time, and are thankful for the entire evening!

5 comments:

Summer said...

Oh my goodness, Pax is snarling at the SantaCow, which btw is pretty creepy :-) And I LOVE sjay's headband!!!

Summer said...

SantaCow is creepy not Pax. He is tripping me out!

The Kimmels said...

I agree with Sum - He is giving SantaCow the death stare. haha. Even funnier in photos then in person! Fun night! ...a wee-bit overwhelming! -- but fun! I love all those kiddos. Sorry I had to miss the lights. I would have loved to get some photos of that. I see that you tried to use the setting I taught you!? ...but then you went with the flash. I'll have to give you lessons on the steady hand. haha

Alison said...

We had fun. Glad we got to see ya'll too - even if it was brief. Sorry we had to run out, but had fun anyway.

stephanie said...

fun stuff! i agree with suz the santa cow was a bit chaotic but that is what its all about right?? love your pictures too. oh and love you. thanks for always being there. hope yall have a great christmas. you are coming over when you get home:)