Tuesday, September 6, 2011

1st Day of Pre-school

My sweet boy is ready to go to school!

Taken by his teacher :-)

Pax started pre-school today at 1st Baptist, which is the same pre-school I went to.  :-)  He is in the monkey class, and has Mrs. Truitt and Mrs. Lockhart as his teachers.  He goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Grandma and Pops are taking him for us.  In fact, he's going with Grandma and Pops to Texas for 3 days, but will have to miss school.  He now says he doesn't want to go with them because he doesn't want to miss school!  Sweet boy!!!

He says that he played all day, and learned about God.  He said that he got a stamp on his hand for putting his dot away.  He had fun playing in the gym (since it was raining) with his new friend, Garrett.  He made a puzzle with his handprint on it for us to play with at home.  "I love going to school!" he says when you ask him!  This makes his teacher momma so proud!!! 

Later that night, Mrs. Truitt even sent me an e-mail about how sweet Pax was today!:-)  She said, "I shared with your mom how sweet your baby was today.  I did something new this year, I labeled the home living shelves with photos to help them know where to put stuff.  I showed Pax how to match it up and he was so funny if someone else who did not listen placed something on the wrong shelf, he told them 'no, it does not go there-Look!' I love it"

This just made my day, and I know how tough it is to take the time to e-mail parents, and I so appreciate the fact that she did.  Being that I couldn't be there, these pictures and sweet e-mails made it all better!  I am soooooo happy that he had a good experience today, and I know that we will have a great year!!  This all confirms the fact that we made the right choice for our Little Man!!!!!

1 comment:

wrongextension2000 said...

So glad you are enjoying "school" Paxton, but we sure do miss you. I think Joshua misses you the most because he doesn't have any boys to play with! Poor Joshua is out numbered by all us girls! You are such a sweet boy and so helpful with the little kids! We hope you come to play with us real soon. Love, Miss Tracey, Joshua, Kinzley, and Zoey