That is what the circus was called. However, it could be called, "Amazing. Wonderful. Incredible," or anything like that.
We took Pax to see the circus tonight, and I honestly didn't expect him to enjoy it quite as much as he did. Even though it's late, I have to get these pictures up and blog while it's still fresh on my mind. It was too exciting to miss any part of it!
We had fantastic seats, so we could see it all! Pax enjoyed all the acts, but especially went crazy over the elephants! He even enjoyed the clowns (I was a little worried he would be scared of them)! The only thing that he got a little antsy with were the acrobats, which Brad and I thought were incredible. They do some pretty daring and dangerous things. In fact, one guy got hurt on one of the stunts. But, he came back out a few minutes later and did another incredible stunt!
The whole show was amazing, but I have to talk about Paxton's experience with the elephants. If you ask him his favorite part of the circus, it would be the elephants. He can say "elephant," however, he prefers to make the sound and do his arm. So, the elephants came out in the beginning and paraded around. They kept coming out from backstage. There ended up being 11 in all, and Pax was so excited to see them. Then, they left pretty quickly. Pax continued to make the sound and ask for them the rest of the first half.
The second half came and there were tigers. Pax thought this was pretty cool, but he still wanted the elephants. They came out and did some tricks and performed for a little bit. By this time, he was so excited, that he was jumping up and down, and screaming! Brad and I just looked at each other and were so happy to see him having so much fun! He kept screaming, and clapping any time they did something. The elephants did a trick where they grabbed the tail of the one in front of them and walked around the arena. When they did this, Pax starts yelling, "Go, go, go!" It was pure joy and excitement, as he watched the elephants perform. You can see in the pictures how truly excited he was!!! After this part, he was even more sad to see them go backstage. He turned to me, and made the sound because he wanted them to come back out.
The rest of the show, he pretty much sat in my lap or Brad's, and would clap and dance, but NOTHING like when the elephants were out. In fact, when they came out one last time, it was getting pretty late by this time, and Pax had asked for his paci and his blanket (which I didn't have in the circus), and told me "night-night". He had just gotten comfortable and I thought he might fall asleep, when the elephants came out for the final part of the show. His excitement turned right back on again! It makes me smile just remembering how happy he was! I really haven't seen anything else that he gets this excited about!
This was the perfect Valentine's Day gift! I just loved seeing the wonder and amazement in my son's eyes as he watched the show (well, specifically the elephants)!
6 comments:
Ahhh that is so fun!!! I know when I took my nephews they were the same way. There sure is nothing like seeing something through the eyes of a child. Glad yall enjoyed it!!!
Love this! You can see how excited Paxton was! I'm so glad you were able to capture it like you did! I want to go next time :)
Awesome pictures!!! And GREAT blog!! I am so glad that you all had so much fun!!! I guess we will ALL have to go next time!! Too much fun!!!
Love you guys!!!!!
So fun! I LOVE the circus and can't wait to take the kids. What an awesome memory for the three of you to share together. Thanks for sharing!
Aww! So great! Awesome photos and sweet memories. I can't wait to take my kids one day...oh wait, I already have. I'm pretty sure Brad got just was excited about the Elephants when we went a couple of years back. HA!
I think you should get Pax an elephant.
:)
Post a Comment