Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

This is definitely for the scrapbook, so feel free to skip this post!

These are a few (okay--a lot) of my favorite things that Pax does/says. I would like to do a list at the beginning of every year to document milestones. I think it would be fun to compare how much he has grown over the year!

--If you say I love you, he says a two syllable phrase that sounds like "I know". It's cute, and I really think he's saying "I love you".
--The other night, he woke up and called for me around 4 am. I went in, and he reached his hand up to give me something. Usually he hands me fuz, a dead bug (Gross, I know. I freak out when he does this.), or something that I don't care for. However, in the middle of the night, he found a pony tail holder I had lost in his bed, and that's what he was handing me!! He immediately laid back down and went back to sleep once I took it back! So silly!
--When he crawls in the cool tent in the playroom, he says, "Nea-no". I said "Neat-o" and he hasn't forgotten it!
--He knows when we are at either grandparents' house. He knows which one, and starts naming all the people/animals there before we even pull up.
--When he wants to go upstairs/down, he says, "Boom, Boom, Pow". This, he got from his Uncle Adam!
--I love how he is starting to use manners without being prompted! He'll say, "Up, please!" or "Help, please!" My favorite is when you hand him something and he automatically says, "Tank-u!"
--As I type this, he is trying to turn the TV off downstairs. Most of the TV's he can reach, and knows where the switch is, but we are in the playroom, and he can't reach this one. So, he is saying, "TV off," and then he moved his stool in front of the TV and stood on it trying to reach better. He was able to reach the remote, but is still very determined to reach the TV itself!
--He is starting to put 2 and 3 words together, and is communicating fairly well. He says things like, "Momma, get it!" (accents on the t's) or "Daddy drive."
--His love for all things Elmo and Mickey Mouse is just priceless!
--He can't go any place that has animals and not pet them. He even knows that there are horses on the road to our house. If they aren't out in the pasture, he gets pretty sad that he didn't see them. He loves all animals. I am just thankful that he's got them at Mom and Dad's and Mrs. Tracey's!
--I am starting to see his compassionate and caring side, as he likes to share his blanket or agua with other people, animals, or stuffed animals. Just today, he wanted to give the cat at Mrs. Tracey's some of his agua! Every night before he goes to sleep, he gives Elmo and his baby doll a kiss, says they are "dold", and covers them up. He then proceeds to rub the silky part of his blanket on them! This is his routine before bed.
--I love how he focuses on a task so seriously. He makes the cutest little face as he pokes his lips out!
--As a teacher, I really like how hard he tries to follow directions. If I tell him to go get his shoes, he usually does it!
--This morning was his first day back to Mrs. Tracey's, and he was so excited to see her, and all his friends at her house. This makes me so happy as a momma, and makes it a little easier to leave him!
--He says "Uh-huh" to everything you ask him, unless he definitely doesn't want to do it, then he says, "No." No matter how hard he tries to say yes ma'am, he just can't do it. I haven't figured out if this is strong will, or he plain can't say it.
--Pax is trying really hard to potty train. He loves getting a sticker when he goes, and he pushes really hard while he's sitting there! We're very proud of the progress he's made!
--He gives really great hugs (squeezes, as he calls them) and kisses with a smack now!
--Lately, when we have gotten on to him for doing something he shouldn't, he smiles and thinks it's funny. We have to work on that!
--He really recognizes people now. He can tell you who all is in a picture; and tonight, he pointed to everyone we named at Monterrey's.
--He has been able to do most of the animal sounds for a large part of the year now. He just learned that a bird goes "peck-peck" from his Papa yesterday. He still struggles with the pig sound for some reason.
--He is doing really well with silverware. His new fascination is a knife, either while he's eating or if someone else is using one. He even used a spoon to eat a whole carton of yogurt the other morning by himself!
--He calls his pacifier, his "psss"; and his blanket, his "b". He can now say paci, but doesn't call it that.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This is so sweet Amy! I love that kid! Does he still think I have his mo-mo? I'll have to "bring it back" soon! Love you!