swimming on his belly
Yes, we had a busy day, and spent most of it outside as a family, which was really nice! It was truly a beautifully busy day that started for me at 4:45 am, when Suzie and I went to Roswell to run a 10K.
Funny story about the 10K: I thought we were only running 3 miles. Suzie says that the e-mail subject even said, "Possum Trot 10K," but I missed that part!! I was so confused when the announcer said that the 10K was starting in 5 minutes. I asked Suzie, "What time is the 5K?" She then told me that we were running 6 miles today, not 3 like I thought! Hahaha! It was too late for me to quit, so we did it and we didn't even walk a step, and felt great afterwards!!!
Anyway, we brought lunch over to Suzie and Brad's and swam in her parents' pool. Pax wouldn't get out of the pool the whole time we were there! Even though the water was freezing, he had a blast kicking, blowing bubbles/drinking the water, splashing, and jumping in from the side with Daddy. He also enjoyed finding my belly button, but I'm not putting close up pictures of my stomach on here! This was really the first time he's gotten to swim, since last summer doesn't count too much! :-) We tried out his life jacket, and he didn't mind the big, bulky thing too much. It was hard to hold him, though, so we took it off.
Pax started saying hey to Suzie's Brad today. Let me just tell you how jealous Suzie was, since she sees him every week, and he hasn't said her name yet! But, it was really cute how he became obsessed with Brad. Anytime Brad would swim under the water, walk to the house, or come back, Pax would say, "Hey Brad!" Now, it didn't sound exactly like that, but you could tell that's what he was saying, over and over and over! It was so cute!!
Thank you for letting us come swim, Suzie and Brad! I'm sure he'll learn to say, "Aunt Suzie" very soon! We're working on that!
After swimming, we went to a graduation party, where Pax was a hit, and very well behaved. Thank goodness, since he has been extremely fussy and ornery the past few days. Then we can home, and it was time for Pax to go to bed. He was walking beside me, and I told him to go tell Daddy "Night-night." He walked into the living room, straight to Brad, and did sign language for sleep as he walked. Then, he waved "bye-bye" and said it to Brad, then turned around and followed me to his bedroom! It was the cutest thing!
1 comment:
Too cute! I can't wait for pool time with Pax! And I'm jealous of "Hey Brad" too!!!
Post a Comment