Thursday, April 9, 2009

Imagine It!



Pax and I climbed up in a treehouse for this shot

Pax and Mimi playing in the water

After his shirt had already gotten wet, I found the rain jackets that they had for children to put on.


He really liked all the tunnels!

watching some kids that were passing by

picture on the John Deere tractor--for Uncle Brooks

We are really enjoying our "Stay-cation" this week! Today, Pax and I met Mimi at The Imagine It! Children's Museum in Atlanta. There were a lot of things that he could do. It probably would have been a little better if he had been able to walk around himself, and go where HE wanted to go, not where I wanted to take him. His favorite part was the water table area where he could "fish" for the plastic toys in the water. They also had an area just for two and unders, and he had fun crawling around and playing with the soft blocks there. There were some tunnels and slides that he had fun on, and he also had fun interacting with the other kids. He was a little confused when one little boy slapped him in the face. He looked so puzzled and didn't understand what he had done, but was still intrigued by him. He also shared with the other kids around him, taking them things that he was playing with. Oh, how I hope he continues this when he is older!!
After Mimi and I were tired of chasing him around, we went to the CNN Center and grabbed some lunch and then went to the playground in Centennial Park. The weather was beautiful, and everyone else must have been excited that spring is finally here, because there were a lot of people, so we didn't play long. Little Man was worn out, and fell sound asleep on the way home. Thank you, Mimi, for treating us to such a special and fun day!

1 comment:

The Kimmels said...

Imagine It looks like so much fun. Sarah Belle has been there before and Toni said that I should take here there again and take some great photos since she is running around now! How much fun with that be? Looks like there are some great photo ops. I love tunnel pictures too!

I thought you were going out of town?