Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Son!

This post is for Paxton when he turns 16 or something like that. I plan to write a letter each year on his birthday to give him later. Feel free to skip this post if you want.

Dear Paxton,

Wow! I can not believe that a year has passed since I held you in my arms for the first time! I never knew that someone so small could bring so much joy to my life, but you have done just that!

From the moment Dr. S. pulled you out and handed you to the nurse for me to see you, I was completely in love with you and you had me wrapped around your tiny little finger! You were perfect in every way, and so beautiful! We enjoyed those first 3 days of your precious life in the hospital, sharing you with lots of visitors, and holding you in our arms. We were able to take you home on the 4th day., and start our lives as a family of three. Your daddy and I were very nervous about caring for you on our own, but we soon realized that we were not alone. You have an amazing extended family that cares for you and loves you very, very much, and has helped us out so much!

We have learned so much about you as you have grown and changed. You become more and more beautiful and independent as the days pass. We have loved watching you grow from a completely dependent infant that would sleep in our arms, to a cruising baby boy that is communicating his needs and wants, and hardly sits still for one minute. We have enjoyed every stage of this first year, and know that we will only love you more and more as you go through more stages.

I thank the Lord for you every day! You are a precious gift from God, and your Daddy and I are so thankful that He has placed you in our lives! We are so excited to see what He has in store for you this next year, and for the many, many years to come! This first year will sure be hard to top!


I love you, Doodlebug!
Mommy


4-18-08


4-18-09

1 comment:

stephanie said...

pure love. so sweet.