To My Sweet Baby Boy,
I know you're not a baby at all anymore, but you'll always be my baby! Even this morning as I carried you to the car to spend the day with Mimi, I called you my sweet baby. Then, I corrected myself, saying you were a big boy! You were so cute as you said that Uncle Adam calls you a baby, but knew that he was teasing you! You have such a great sense of humor and have grown and changed so much in the last year. I love the nicknames that you have started to give people and how you giggle when you say them! This just shows your funny sense of humor (Momma Bear, Daddy-O, Popsy-Wopsy, for now).
I love how much you love me! Even when I am frustrated and am not the perfect parent (ever!!), you love me even more! You are so sympathetic and caring! When I am upset, you are right there beside me asking if I'm okay and if I'm still mad or frustrated! You are such a sweet and compasionate child, and I love that you are MY Momma's Boy!!
Even when you are sick and have strep throat (like today on your birthday) :-(, you are still worried about others! You are concerned when someone has a band-aid or gets even a minor cut. If we're cutting something, you always remind us to be careful. You also remind me to use 2 hands when I'm driving, even if I'm eating some gold fish! It's just priceless! But then, I love how you say to me, "Don't worry about me, Mommy!" Well, I will always worry about you because you are my baby! It's my job!
You are very complimentary, and have really worked hard on your manners! It was precious last night, when you were helping us bake your birthday cake. You told Daddy, "You're a good helper, Daddy!" Such a sweet 3 year old to think to compliment others, but you're always like that!! You always make us smile!!!
I know, with all these characteristics, you will be an amazing big brother!! I can't wait until Friday to see if you're going to have a baby brother or sister, even though you are certain it's a sister. I'm glad you're not calling it a puppy anymore!!! :-)
You are all boy, and just love life outside. You would play from sun up to sunset outside if we let you! You are very active, and becoming more and more fun to play with! I have enjoyed watching you learn to play t-ball while having fun with your friends! I can't wait for this summer and all the hours we'll spend on your new swing set and at the pool!!
A cute story from this morning: We have been talking about your birthday for a while now, and you have been so excited! You have helped us plan your safari birthday party, and you know all about it! You even say, "this would be good for my party!" Well, you got upset this morning when I woke you up singing "Happy Birthday to you!" You said that it wasn't your birthday, and that we were having it at Pops and Grandma's with all your friends! You didn't want it to be in your bed by yourself! It was so sweet and made me laugh!! I just love your Amelia Bedelia self!!
Your Daddy and I are so lucky to have you!! We couldn't ask for a better son! You are amazing and we thank God every day for sending you to us! We can't wait to see what God has in store for you over the next year!
I love you to the moon and back, precious boy!!
Momma Bear

3 comments:
Awwwww..........sooooo sweet---made me cry!!! And Pax is the sweetest and most precious grandson in the whole world!!!! I love you all bunches and bunches!!!
Love, Mom
That was so sweet. I can't believe that is he is already three. Tell the "big boy" Happy Birthday from us in Texas. Hope to see you guys soon!
Awwww....I love my Pax!!! He really is the sweetest little boy and I feel so privelaged that he calls me "Aunt Sarah." I love him soooo much!
I can't wait for the safari party!!
love you all!
Post a Comment