

We had a wonderful time on our annual trip to Chautauqua Lake in western New York. The 17 hour drive was even better this year, because Pax was a little older. He was so great, and loved his movies!! Pax loved being able to run around and roll in the grass, and we all enjoyed the temperatures---mid 70s and even down into the 60s in the afternoon/evenings. The family time was priceless, and no one wanted to leave! Mom, Pax, and I got to spend 12 days up there, and then flew home, while the dads drove the car home. We got to celebrate Grandma's and Gigi's birthdays while we were there.
Some new developments in Paxton's world from our trip are:
~He likes to refer to himself in 3rd person--"Paxton wants some."
~His favorite line of the week, which Adam harassed him for was, "Go see Mommy!" He is really becoming attached with me being at home. He wouldn't let anyone change his diaper (oh boy) or his clothes all week!
~He loves to sing. He knows parts to the following songs-ABC's, Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle, E-I-O (Old MacDonald), The Wheels on the Bus, B-I-N-G-O, Deep and Wide, and his favorite from the trip--Happy Birthday. He would sing that to everyone, since we had several birthdays while we were there.
~His bedtime ritual is so special to me--we read a few books of his choosing (this week it's been the baseball and football books that he has memorized), then he tells me that it's time for prayers, and he starts, then he repeats after me. It is just so sweet! Then, he likes to know, "what's next, Mommy?" meaning he wants to know what we're doing the next day.
Oh yeah---we felt the aftershock from an earthquake in Canada while we were there!! It was crazy how the walls just seemed to sway. Mom felt the couch shaking like someone was kicking it. So weird!! We wondered what we were feeling at the moment, but then read about it in the paper the next day.
Some new developments in Paxton's world from our trip are:
~He likes to refer to himself in 3rd person--"Paxton wants some."
~His favorite line of the week, which Adam harassed him for was, "Go see Mommy!" He is really becoming attached with me being at home. He wouldn't let anyone change his diaper (oh boy) or his clothes all week!
~He loves to sing. He knows parts to the following songs-ABC's, Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle, E-I-O (Old MacDonald), The Wheels on the Bus, B-I-N-G-O, Deep and Wide, and his favorite from the trip--Happy Birthday. He would sing that to everyone, since we had several birthdays while we were there.
~His bedtime ritual is so special to me--we read a few books of his choosing (this week it's been the baseball and football books that he has memorized), then he tells me that it's time for prayers, and he starts, then he repeats after me. It is just so sweet! Then, he likes to know, "what's next, Mommy?" meaning he wants to know what we're doing the next day.
Oh yeah---we felt the aftershock from an earthquake in Canada while we were there!! It was crazy how the walls just seemed to sway. Mom felt the couch shaking like someone was kicking it. So weird!! We wondered what we were feeling at the moment, but then read about it in the paper the next day.

3 comments:
So beautiful and it looks so relaxing. You got some beautiful pictures! Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. Glad ya'll had such a great trip - and thanks for the updates on Pax. He is starting to look more like a little boy. Growing up too fast. :)
I seriously love these shots. So many great memories are captured here and that is so important. Somebody is getting good at using their camera! ;) ...now I just need to show you some editing software and I just may have an assistant (of you or Brad?). I love that Pax is referring to himself in 3rd person. I can't believe how big he is getting! (I know I always say that). Miss you!!
love the pictures and so funny that you just did a four generation pic since i just posted one on my blog. love you and missed you while you were gone.
Post a Comment