STONE MOUNTAIN
Family picture

Gabe and Sarah huddling under a blanket during the rain
The rain coming down the side of the mountain
Pax asking-"Why am I all wet?"
Still wondering, "What's going on here?"
Pax and Aunt Kenz all wet!
Suzie, Sarah, and me after the rains
I love this picture that I stole from Suzie's blog!
Aww, snuggly!
So sleepy!The wet and wild fun began at Mimi and Papa's house. We headed to Covington to see Brad's cousins and their families that came into town for the weekend. Mimi and Papa had a really cool water battle ship thing that you hooked the hose up to. The little cousins had a blast playing in the water and squirting each other. Paxton loved being squirted in the face and would keep running back and forth. Hunter, who is 4 months older than Pax, was a little wiser about the situation, and didn't ask to be sprayed in the face!! We had a fun time watching and supervising the kids, and hanging out, too.
Around 6, we headed to Stone Mountain to celebrate my belated birthday with several of my friends. It was really hot, and I had just leaned over to Mackenzie and told her that I thought it was starting to cool off, when her fiance pointed out that it was starting to rain. I was trying to feed Pax his dinner between bites of Mackenzie's entire Subway sandwich when the bottom completely fell out, and the wet and wild fun continued! I mean, it was the kind of rain that came on so quickly that you couldn't even run for cover. Besides, where would we have gone in the big open field of Stone Mountain??? I bet if I hadn't been so consumed with trying to put things in the stroller, it would have been crazy to see everyone on the lawn scrambling for cover. Anyway, Mackenzie grabbed Pax and put him in the stroller, and everyone just covered up with the blankets we were sitting on. These blankets were NOT water resistant AT ALL, but Pax stayed dry in his stroller! I wish that we had only brought in the plastic that we were planning to sit on. However, Brad thought that the ground was dry and we wouldn't need it! We were wrong there!
The rain didn't last long at all, but came down hard enough for us to get SOAKED!!! I mean, we were dripping wet all the way down to our underwear!!! Once everyone came out from under the soaking wet blankets, Brad went to the car and got the plastic for us to at least sit on! Stephanie and Jenny hadn't gotten to the park yet when the bottom opened up. So, Jenny went and got a tarp for our group, too--what a lifesaver!!!! Steph, Mick, and Micah were already in the park, but hadn't gotten out of the car yet. They ended up having a nice little picnic in their car and then their dry-selves joined us. I was very glad that they stayed dry. I bet Micah would NOT have liked getting wet.
Around 6, we headed to Stone Mountain to celebrate my belated birthday with several of my friends. It was really hot, and I had just leaned over to Mackenzie and told her that I thought it was starting to cool off, when her fiance pointed out that it was starting to rain. I was trying to feed Pax his dinner between bites of Mackenzie's entire Subway sandwich when the bottom completely fell out, and the wet and wild fun continued! I mean, it was the kind of rain that came on so quickly that you couldn't even run for cover. Besides, where would we have gone in the big open field of Stone Mountain??? I bet if I hadn't been so consumed with trying to put things in the stroller, it would have been crazy to see everyone on the lawn scrambling for cover. Anyway, Mackenzie grabbed Pax and put him in the stroller, and everyone just covered up with the blankets we were sitting on. These blankets were NOT water resistant AT ALL, but Pax stayed dry in his stroller! I wish that we had only brought in the plastic that we were planning to sit on. However, Brad thought that the ground was dry and we wouldn't need it! We were wrong there!
The rain didn't last long at all, but came down hard enough for us to get SOAKED!!! I mean, we were dripping wet all the way down to our underwear!!! Once everyone came out from under the soaking wet blankets, Brad went to the car and got the plastic for us to at least sit on! Stephanie and Jenny hadn't gotten to the park yet when the bottom opened up. So, Jenny went and got a tarp for our group, too--what a lifesaver!!!! Steph, Mick, and Micah were already in the park, but hadn't gotten out of the car yet. They ended up having a nice little picnic in their car and then their dry-selves joined us. I was very glad that they stayed dry. I bet Micah would NOT have liked getting wet.
I didn't expect everyone to stay soaking wet, but they were all good sports, and we enjoyed the laser show after all! Pax was so funny during the show. He kept crawling all over me because he couldn't get comfortable. He wasn't too excited about the loud fireworks at first, but he warmed up to them by the end and was mesmerized by them. He started out climbing up me when one boomed, then after a little while, we put him in the stroller and he would pop up when he heard them. But, for the finale, he sat there and took it all in. He was such a good boy, and a good sport about the rain! I am so proud of he and Micah, especially since it got pretty late.
I had such a great time, and a memorable birthday, to say the least! It turned out to be a really fun couples evening out. I appreciated everyone driving out and being such great sports, including the guys!! I think Gabe might get the "Good Sport Award," because he gave up his spot under the blanket for Suzie, and then stood in the rain checking on us and Pax! :-) Thanks to everyone for being such great friends! I love yall!
4 comments:
Too fun! I love McKenzie's picture of us standing under a soaking wet blanket. I think my Berry sweatshirt blanket weighed 30 lbs wet!!
Always great memories with y'all! Love you and happy birthday!!
Looks like fun. We can't wait to take the kids there. We have talked about it all summer. Happy Birthday, too. Birthdays are always special but even moreso when they are spent with great friends. :)
thanks for planning a fun night. glad we made it! love you!
What's an Amy birthday event if its not made memorable SOMEHOW!!?!? Although being wet is one of my VERY least favorite things in the world, I would do anything for you! We had fun! To quote my yankee husband, "Now I can say I've done that but I never want to do it again"...and later "at one point there were 2 houses dancing together, what was that all about". HA! I laughed hard. Love ya'll!!
Post a Comment