Pax had a fever over the weekend, which I thought was just teething. We pumped him wiht motrin, and he didn't have a fever on Sunday. It turns out, the doctor thinks that he had the flu over the weekend.
Sunday night, I started feeling really bad, and went to bed with a fever myself. Pax went to Tracey's Monday and I stayed in bed all day. I still had a fever at 3 pm, so I couldn't go to school Tuesday either. We are firm believers in the 24-hour-fever-free rule!
I took Pax to Tracey Tuesday, and I get a text 2 hours later saying that he had a low-grade fever! Ugh! Poor baby! I knew one of us needed to go to the doctor, so I made him an appointment. The doctor was concerned that he had been fever free for almost 48 hours when it came back. He ordered a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia. Pax and I loaded up and headed to the hospital in the rain to wait 2 hours for 3 pictures. Pops came and played with us, and Pax entertained me!
Three funny stories: 1) I didn't know what to expect, and I was trying to prepare him, so I told him that they would take pictures of him, and that he had to say "cheese". Well, he did just that, and it was pretty cute!!
2) As soon as we got the umbrella put away, Pax decides that he wants the agua that I left in the car! Ugh! When I told him it was in the car, he quickly responds with, "get it!" I just laughed! I found a cup and put some water in it, and he proceeded to make another demand, "daw". Wasn't too sure what he was saying until he pointed to the cup. He wanted a straw!!! He is one spoiled boy!!! I didn't have a straw this time, though!
3) After about an hour, he was going through everything in my purse, and pulled out his pouch with diapers. He pulled one diaper and the wipes container out, opened up the diaper, and then LAID ON THE FLOOR!!! I figured where this was going, but had to let it play out! He laid back, spread his legs, and put the diaper over himself, and just laid there! I guess it's time to start potty training when he tries to change his diaper himself!
So, Pax made the most of our time at the hospital! Yay for Pax---the x-rays came back clear!!
However, I attempted to go to school today, and Mimi came to stay with puny Pax. I had to leave school early, and went to the doctor to get a throat swab that showed I had developed strep. So, she thinks I had the flu earlier, and now strep! I immediately called Paxton's doctor, and they graciously called in the same medicine for him! Thank goodness we didn't have to go back to the doctor!
We are both on the mends and will be able to join the real world in about 15 hours now--but who's counting?!?! (That's when I will have been on the antibiotics for 24 hrs.)
4 comments:
Are you sure it's not "peony?" Hahah
Glad you are on the mend! Strep is the worst! And you don't know how bad it is until you've had it!
See you tonight! And tomorrow! Love you!
The diaper story is hilarious!! Hope to see you guys soon.
so sorry! hope that you all feel better soon. what a nightmare to be at the hospital that long. way to make the best of it. love you!
So glad that things seem to be on the up and up. Sickness is so hard and even harder when you are a mommy and have a little one who feels badly as well. Hope ya'll are able to enjoy your weekend well and feeling great!
Post a Comment