Saturday mornings are wonderful, because we can wake up at our leisure. This morning, Paxton woke up and was just playing in his crib. He didn't cry, just woke up happy as can be. It is so cute to see him on the video monitor standing and playing, patiently waiting on us to come get him.
It has officially been one week that he has slept in his crib the entire night!!! That doesn't mean we don't have to go in periodically throughout the night, but he hasn't ended up in our bed one time!!! It's amazing how much better Brad and I can sleep without him between us!
Grandma helped us establish a bedtime routine that actually works. I was trying other things, but they weren't working before. Here is what works for us: he nurses, then I get his paci and his blanket, we read a book (sometimes he's too tired for that, even), turn the lights out, then I sing one song (sometimes 2 or 3) while I rock him, but then he's ready to be put down. Once the lights go out, he immediately puts his head on his blanket that I put over my shoulder. It's so sweet. Then I lay him in his crib, and usually he doesn't even move. Some nights he'll get up and play on the side of the crib and cry a little, but then lays down himself and falls asleep. I am really loving bedtime now, whereas it was such a battle that I dreaded! I know that we will still have those nights that nothing seems to work (or the nap times that we had yesterday), but it's just much easier now.
These pictures are just some snapshots of him rocking in his chair one night. We have to strap him in because he slides. He loves it, though.
1 comment:
Isn't it wonderful when they finally start figuring out that they can be okay without you. I mean, I don't want Charlotte to always feel that way, I like to be needed, but when it comes to sleep it is so much better when they realize they can do that on their own. We get to start this all over again in just a few weeks. I can't believe it. Sweet dreams!
Post a Comment