Friday, October 21, 2011

Our Smiley One Month Old

I love this onesie that Kristen made for him!


Brotherly love-although I'm not sure if Parker is feeling it or not!

Smiles for Daddy

Look at that sweet smile!


Wow!  I can't believe that it's been a month already!  Parker is really starting to change, and you can tell he's putting on some weight!  It's definitely started in those chubby cheeks!!  The last month, we have been adjusting to life as a family of 4, and me being a stay at home Mommy.  I love my time with my boys.  It is going to be SOOOOO hard to go back to school January 3rd!

At Parker's one month check up, he measured 21 3/4 inches, and weighed 9 pounds 13.8 ounces.  He is in the 50th% for all categories.  He has gained over 2 pounds in the last 3 weeks!  Wow!  He's eating really well! Parker has been pretty fussy, and it's not just been at night, so I asked her about that.  She suggested that I eliminate all dairy (which I've been trying to do for the last 2 weeks, but find it so difficult I end up cheating once a day).  We'll see how he does with that.  One night, after 2 days of Monterrey's, he cried from about 9-1 am.  You could tell that he was in pain, and that his tummy hurt, but there was nothing that Brad or I could do.  He's usually just a little fussy on and off all day, and settles down around 11 pm.  Then, he'll sleep anywhere from 5-8 hours without eating.  The 8 hour nights are the best! 

But, Denise even used the "C" word--colic.  I sure hope it's not colic, but one of the handouts she gave me, described Parker perfectly.  :-(  Poor baby!  I just hate seeing him in pain when he squishes his legs up and then sticks them straight out.  I wish I could make the gas go away to help his belly feel better!  Maybe cutting out all dairy will help him!

No comments: