I am 12 weeks now. I can't believe that I am officially out of my first trimester!
I have not been as nauseous, and am able to eat again in the evenings. I'm not gagging as much, either!
I had a regular doctor's appointment with Dr. Pittman. They weighed me, and I am actually down 2 pounds, and my blood pressure looked good. Then, she pulled out the doppler to listen for the heartbeat, and kept moving it around, and moving it around, and moving it around. She looked up at me, and then back at my belly, without saying a word! She couldn't find the heartbeat!!!!!! Then, she says, "I'm going to see if I can get you a quick ultrasound." My heart dropped!!! I held it together, but didn't know what to say. Dr. Pittman came back and said that Mrs. Jean would see me in about 5 minutes, and she walked me down a really long hallway without saying a word. I sat in a little cubby hole trying to keep the tears back, and texted Brad. It seemed like a really long time, but I know it wasn't. I just didn't know what to think, or what to even pray!
Dr. Jean saw me very quickly and did an internal ultrasound. She DID indeed find the heartbeat, but not without some work and searching. I actually have a retroverted uterus and the baby is located around my colon and intenstines, and is back pretty far. She says that Dr. Pittman never would have found the heartbeat with the doppler because I wasn't far enough along. They think that I must have had the same thing with Paxton, but it fixed itself as the baby grew, and my uterus moved upright. I didn't have my first doppler with Pax until 13 weeks. The bottom line is that this baby is growing and moving! During the ultrasound, I saw it jump and flip! Soooo reassuring to see and hear the heartbeat!! We are soooo thankful!!!
3 comments:
I am so thankful for healthy baby (girl?)and momma!! God is good!
I LOVE YOU!!!
ummm in your ultrasound it looked like a boy. i hope it isn't(i mean, only because you want a girl:)) but i'm just saying. oh my word about your visit!! so scary, i would have been in full freaker mode. SO thankful all is healthy and beating strong! can't wait to see you! love you and that baby...ps your belly is so small compared to my second at 12 wks. go skinnyminnie:)
That doppler thing is so scary! I've heard of Dr's not being able to find the heartbeat when people are almost 16 weeks! I'm glad they got you into see Jean so you didn't have to wait any longer!! I'm glad you and the baby are ok!! I can't wait to find out if its a boy or a girl!
Post a Comment