Sunday, August 8, 2010

One Last Hoorah!

Carrying his own shoes and toys to the beach!


Pax and "Daddy Bradley Dobbs"

Showing off their muscles!Pax and "Mommy Bradley Dobbs" (that is what Pax says our names are!!)

Pax and Grandma

At dinner one night on the river






Now you see where we were!






Pax and Pops (He didn't make many pictures because he was in his conference)


After the 2nd day of school, we packed up and headed to Savannah to meet Mom and Dad. Dad had a conference, and we got to tag along. I consider this our one last hoorah of summer.

We went to the beach for a couple hours, ate some fantastic food, and walked around the streets of Savannah taking in the sights. We got to eat at Paula Deen's famous restaurant-Lady and Sons. We had heard that the restaurant wasn't worth the wait, and to avoid it. But, we just walked up, waited about 15 minutes, and then had a table. The buffet was absolutely delicious and our favorite was the fried chicken. Pax even ate 3 chicken legs!

You'll notice that Pax is wearing the same shoes in all the pictures. He has really developed a mind of his own with his clothes. There isn't anything wrong with the shoes, it's the fact that we couldn't take them off of him at bedtime!! Yes, he insisted that he sleep with them on in the hotel. (I took them off after he fell into a deep sleep. I tried before that, but he woke up and screamed!)

3 comments:

The Kimmels said...

I adore the photos. ahhh, I love Savannah! I wish I could go there at least once a month! The shoe thing totally cracks me up because you know how he is about having his hands clean - he probably didn't want his bare feet on that dirty hotel floor. I have to admit that hotel floors kind of gross me out too - even if its a really nice hotel. ;) Pax has a lot of his daddy in him. Cleanliness is key! hahaha

Sarah said...

Aren't you glad I reminded you to blog about Mommy/Daddy Bradley Dobbs? :) I think that is the sweetest thing!

I miss Pax! I need to come play soon! Love y'all!

Summer said...

Looks like fun! I want to visit Savannah, haven't been there since 7th grade :-)And is that a onesie you have on in one of the pictures?