Monday, August 2, 2010

Last Day of Freedom


Jake and Pax



My last day of freedom was spent with Pax and some friends at the mall today. We were supposed to swim, but it was a little cloudy, so we played on the playground and ate lunch together. I didn't get a picture of me and Kristen, or sweet baby Ellie who was three weeks old today! She is just precious, and I enjoyed getting to hold her! Then, we hung out at Grandma's pool for a little while. Let me just update on the little fish we have!! Just today, he started jumping off the side of the pool and swimming to the steps all by himself! He is swimming a long ways without breathing, but is even working on taking a breath while swimming. He is kicking and using his arms so well. At one point, I went to get a dive toy in the deep end, and came up to him staring at me with his goggles on from the top of the water. He didn't want me to help him at that point, either! So silly!


It's back to work tomorrow, but we had such a wonderfully busy summer, and made some great memories!!! I'll miss meeting friends for lunch and all the pool time, but I'm looking forward to the new year, and my class full of new students.

2 comments:

The Kimmels said...

I'll miss you over the next couple of weeks!! Thanks for everything you have done to make this recovery MUCH less painful!

Sarah said...

I don't want the fun to end!!!! I've had such fun getting to hang out and play with y'all! Good luck on Thursday when the kiddie come back! Love you!