Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Parker B!



Our family of 3-Aug 2011

Sept 21, 2011


Now we're a family of 4-2011

Our sweet baby Sept 2012


(Pictures of the pictures)
 Dear Sweet Parker B,

I can't believe that you're a year old!  It's amazing to think that one year ago, you were born into our family.  You seem like you've always been a part of us, and I can't even remember what our lives were like without you.  You have changed our family so much, and we love you more than we ever thought we could!  You made our family complete!

Your big brother loves and adores you so much!  He is so good with you, and is such a good entertainer!  You love to watch him, laugh at him, take toys from him, and play with him now.  He has learned that if he wants a toy that you have, he simply gives you another one, and then you are willing to give up the one that he wants!  I can't wait to see how your relationship grows as you do.  I hope you will be fast friends and play mates! 

You are a tough little cookie, and love to get in there and play rough when Daddy and Brother are wrestling!  I guess this is going to be my life living with 3 boys in the house!!  I love it, though, and wouldn't have it any other way! 

You sure do know what you want and when you want it.  It is a good thing, because you have learned to "speak up" and stand up for yourself--with your brother, us, food, etc.  You love your 8 pm bedtime, and let us know when it's getting close to that time.  I call you our little pumpkin.  :-) You are such a great sleeper, though, and Daddy and I are soooooo thankful for that!!  You want 11 or 12 hours every night.  Sometimes this proves challenging, especially when we're at Monterrey's on Monday nights! 

In terms of food, you are becoming very independent, and want to feed yourself.  We still try to sneak in some baby food, but you are quick to spit it out if you don't like it or aren't hungry.  You've been sick for the past 3 weeks, so it's hard to tell if you're not hungry because of your cold, or if you don't like the food.  You love breads, fries, little snacks like that.  You're like me in that respect!

I really feel like you've grown and changed a lot in the last month!  You're really responding and listening to us.  You like to wave bye-bye, and have even added "uh-oh" to your vocabulary.  You sometimes even respond with a little bit of a temper.  We'll have to work on helping you handle that!  :-)

You're still a little thing.  You only weigh 20 pounds 3.2 oz (13%).  You are 29 1/4 inches tall (33%), and your head is 46 cm (33%).  I think that's why you are able to walk all over the place!  You love walking around our new house, and especially like the playroom! 

Well, I certainly can't believe that you have already blessed our lives for an entire year!!  You are an amazing addition to our family, and we are so thankful for you!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for your second year of life!

I love you to the moon and back, Parker B!
Mommy

No comments: